Scrum Master duties list:
- Nudge, steer, and help the team to do all Scrum events and activities
- Help the product owner and team in any way to be more productive
- Remember the Agile values
Before daily scrum:
- Ensure the team has updated the hours remaining on all tasks.
- Update and post the burndown chart.
- Note all impediments reported by the team for later aggressive follow-up
- Steer the team to stick to short answers to the three questions; steer them away from discussing problems or details during the scrum (Often say "this sounds like an important discussion; can we have it after the scrum?")
- Help team to overcome impediments as a top priority
- Ensure relevant team members meet to overcome impediments before doing regular work
- Keep outside distractions away from the team
- Answer (or research) all Scrum questions the team has
- Gather info on vacation/unavailable time for all team members in the next sprint
- Ensure (help) the Product Owner refines and reorders the backlog
- Ensure the product owner prepares a sprint goal
- Schedule the next sprint planning
- Schedule the sprint review; arrange for stakeholders to attend it.
- If the stakeholders can't attend the Sprint Review, reschedule it.
- Ensure the team will prepare a demonstration for the sprint review. Ensure it is appropriate
- Prepare any other charts or information radiators helpful for planning, such as a velocity trend chart
- Schedule a backlog estimation/refinement meeting as required
- Facilitate the entire meeting; take team through all parts
- Take notes from the retrospective
- Announce velocity in story points from last sprint
- Announce team capacity in hours for the next sprint (accommodating vacations, etc)
- Post/arrange the product backlog for sprint backlog selection
- Keep the team on track for breakdown into tasks; write/post task cards if necessary
- Ensure a reality check of task hours vs. capacity happens and adjustments made
- Create beginning burndown chart, task board, and any other information radiators
- Demand that the team take any certain action
- Assign work or take unilateral action to change a practice
- Neglect Scrum Master duties in favor of "regular work"
Post a Comment